2770 Stony Point Road, Ste. E
Santa Rosa, CA 95407 • (707) 331-3143
Big and Small Dogs…. We Love ’em All!
Whether it’s bathing a dog, toe nail trimming or other dog grooming services, at Hair of the Dog, we treat your four-legged friends like the valued customers they are and put their safety first.
For many dogs, grooming is essential for healthy skin and coat. As groomers, we are often the first to discover skin infections or other potentially serious ailments.
The grooming table may not be every dog’s happy place, but with our commitment to your dog’s well-being, we work to build a trusting and warm relationship that will make your dog feel like we are a home away from home – if only for a couple hours.
One of the best parts of our job is watching our initially nervous and unsure customers grow up to be confident and secure dogs in the grooming place. We love our clients like they are part of our family. We also love questions from owners, so please feel free to call us at 707-331-3143 with any questions.
Dog Grooming Services Overview
Our services are nose to tail. Prices are based on breed. Please contact us for a quote on your dog’s grooming. Complete dog grooming services include bath, fluff drying, toe nail trim, ear cleaning, anal gland expression and clipping according to breed or as you prefer. We have medicated, hypoallergenic, de-shedding, flea and tick and odor-reducing shampoo. You can also bring in your doctor prescribed shampoos for dogs with special needs.
Just a Dog Bath
Two colloidal oatmeal shampoo treatments, oatmeal conditioner, Blueberry facial scrub, ear cleaning, anal gland expression, trim which includes sanitary trim, tidying up of face, legs, feet and tail, toe nail trim, brushing out.
Full Dog Grooming
All dog bath services plus a haircut to your personal preference or to suit the breed and lifestyle of your pet. Haircuts start at $55 and go up with size and condition of coat.
To get information for specific breeds,
please give us a call at 707-331-3143
Additional Treatments (available at no extra charge)
- Colloidal oatmeal shampoo: helps relieves itching from allergies, seborrhea and hot spots, contains natural salicylic acid, oatmeal, tea tree oil and Vitamin E.
- Allegroom shampoo: for itchy, flaky, dry skin. Hypoallergenic, soap-free shampoo that soothes and calms while reducing bacteria and yeast on skin.
- EQyss Flea Bite Spray: natural botanical citrus scented spray that relieves scratching and itching due to flea bites. Applied after dog grooming session.
- Fresh Pet Odor Reducing Shampoo
Additional Services – Fees apply
- Flea Bath Only (any size dog) – $10
- Topical Flea Treatment – Advantage
- Small Dog – $5
- Medium Dog – $10
- Large Dog – $15
- X-Large Dog – $20
- Complete Flea Package – We offer a full flea treatment package that includes Bio-Groom flea shampoo bath, a Capstar pill (kills adult fleas within 30 minutes) and a one-month topical application. In addition to regular grooming fee:
- Small Dog – $35
- Medium – $40
- Large/X-Large Dog – $45
Read more about our flea treatment services.
- Deshedding Treatment – $10
- We use Furminator deShedding Solution, which helps release undercoat and loosen hair. It is hypoallergenic and enriched with Oatmeal and Aloe Vera. It is non-irritating and non-drying.
- Temporary Color! – $10 per image (see example photo at right)
- A fun way to add some color to your pooch! Safe, non-toxic color for pet fur. Can last 1-2 weeks, rinses away with water. Seasonal, holiday and Giants logos available!
- Soft Paws! – $20 two paws, $35 four paws (see example photo at left)
- Non-toxic vinyl caps that are glued onto your dogs nails. Gives great protection to kids and older folks who are prone to dog scratches. Also protects hardwood floors. In a variety of colors!
- Toe nail trim – $15
- Toe nail trim using Dremel – $20
- Anal gland expression – $10
When you’re looking for dog grooming, Santa Rosa, start with Hair of the Dog!
To get information on our individual services,
please give us a call at 707-331-3143